Saturday 11 December 2010

Kate's writing a book about the cuts, can you help?

Dear BofB'ers, we have been contacted by a journalist who is writing a book about the coalition's cuts. The strongest argument we have against the cuts is to publicise the fact they affect all of us, not the scroungers they are supposedly targeted towards. If you are willing to be interviewed for Kate's book please email us at thebrokenofbritain@gmail.com and we'll forward your details to Kate. 
Thanks, Kaliya 




From Kate;


Here is an outline of my project:

I'll be spending December and January travelling around the UK and
interviewing people for a book that I'm writing about the coalition
government's proposed public
sector funding cuts.

I generally write case studies - so, interview-based pieces where
people speak their situations for themselves, following the sort of
format of some of the pieces I've written (I've pasted links to some
of my recent work below). The book will be a collection of these
stories. I'll be publishing some online along the way as well, with
video where that's appropriate. I'll also be travelling with a
photographer.

So far, I've arranged interviews with Sure Start users, people who use
some housing support, people who are involved in education and the NHS
- quite a broad range of people across income groups and in different
parts of the country. My aim is to return to people later next year to
see how they're coming along and to do follow-up pieces from there.

I'd be more than happy to come and talk to anyone in your group who
would like to be involved, or who may just want further information in
the first instance, so please feel free to circulate this.

Best regards,

Kate.

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2009/11/30/everton-tesco-skelmersdale-and-the-regeneration-dream/
http://liberalconspiracy.org/2009/12/09/the-football-factory/

Recent Guardian contributions:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/10/strike-action-unions-peoples-panel
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/davehillblog/2010/mar/19/kate-belgrave-status-dogs-a-defence

No comments: