Embargo: 25 June 2012
New report warns car industry to lose out under welfare reform plans
- ‘Reversing from Recovery’, both the full report and the summary version, will be available to download fromhttp://wearespartacus.org.uk after publication (25 June 2012)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is a benefit that helps individuals meet the additional costs that come from living with a disability and is payable to people in work as well as out of work
- Details of the Government’s proposals for PIP, including projections of the number of people expected to be eligible for the enhanced mobility rate, can be found in the DWP consultation document, ‘Personal Independence Payment: Assessment thresholds and consultation’ (January 2012), available at http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/pip.shtml
- The Motability publication, ‘Economic and social impact of the Motability Car Scheme’ (2010), is available for download athttp://www.motability.co.uk/documents/PDFs/OEReport.pdf
- The WeareSpartacus campaign group is an internet-based group of disabled and sick people from around the UK which campaigns for welfare benefits and social care services that enable disabled and sick people to live independently and with dignity.